Old Tue, May-23-06, 18:14
Registered Member

Plan: My Own
Stats: 280/118/117.5 Female 5ft 5.25 in
BF:
Progress: 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judynyc
In light of the "Where is the TDC going?" thread, I thought that it'd be a good idea to take roll call on those who have already lost 100 or more pounds.

So....I'll go first and say..ME!!! I've lost 118 lbs and have been maintaining below my goal weight for 3 months nows. Needless to say that I'm very happy!!

I still eat according to my plan and have joined a maintenance weighin with others in maintenance. Its a good thing to be around others with similar concerns as yours.

I've lost 160+ pounds. I have kept 100 off for over 2 years.

It's hard for me sometimes to really believe I actually am "a weight loss success" because sometimes I don't feel like it. I'm actually still trying to find a place where I can just relax and feel comfortable with my body. I don't know if it is possible actually. Like right now, I'm struggling with a mad crazy appetite, which leaves me unsure of my weight maintenance... thank god staying very low carb actually helps me not gain weight it seems (even though I am eating like a vaccuum my weight has only decreased and my size seems roughtly the same). I'll probably never be able to totally relax like a normal person, but, I hope in time I can mostly forget I am controlling weight... settle at a comfortable place.

Recently, mostly, I feel stable. I don't struggle to stay low carb. I only had 1 period where I worried truly that I could really lose control and that's when I started gaining weight (purposefully) while in a less carb control way of eating.

Even though I'm unsure about a lot of things, I still consider myself a success and think I have accomplished a true change. The real way I know I've done this is because low carb is the only way I can imagine eating. It is said so often around here but for me it really is a way of life for me. I can't imagine eating a high carb diet, I have no taste for it, nor desire for it. Treats and sweets I never much cared for, and I don't eat much bread products strictly for health reasons (veggies > low carb starch mimics)... but thanks to advances in food technology I can stay very LC and truly eat whatever I want. Even if I decided to go back to eating whatever I wanted, I still would stay LC simply because it would be illogical not to. Why eat food that makes me feel bad and fat when I could eat food that makes me feel good and thin that tastes absolutely the same (if not better, as I am a good cook ).