View Single Post
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Jul-26-08, 11:30

Plan: Schwarzbein
Stats: 222/199/120 Female 62.5
BF:?/30/20
Progress: 23%

Hello, Hello, Hello!!!!!!!
I am here, come talk to me, come visit my sister's new blog, and I promise to help you through this.
I am someone that had gestational diabetes with every pregancy but the last, and we still monitored my blood sugars closely, because even though the tests said I had it, I would have the same sensations I did with my other pregancies. Dizziness, lightheadedness, all kind of funky stuff if my BS went up.

Trust me. Do what ever it takes to keep your BS low, which mean eat only a small amount of carbs and exercise. Those two things kept my BS managable during my last two pregnancies, the two that I low carbed in. You can do this I promise you. Log everything you eat! I never, ever had to do insulin at night. Now GD is a different animal from other forms of diabetes, you may need to do it, but I promise if you control your carbs, you may not have to.
Personally I never worried about the amount of protien or fat I would eat, your body needs those nutrients and so does the baby. If you are hungry eat some meat and veggies. Have cold turkey, chicken, boiled eggs handy to beat those cravings.

Before I went to bed every night I ate about 1/2 cup of WHOLE MILK yogurt, not the LOW FAT kind, 1/4 cup blueberries or raspberries, and 1/4 of almonds. It was a great night treat to have. If that is too much for you, then drop down the fruit.

I never drank milk, ate only cheese and yogurt, and took calcium and magnesium to treat constipation. Calcium and iron causes constipation, magnesium will help with that!

In the morning all I could eat, would be 1 egg, and a wasa cracker, the lowest carb I could find. If that is too much cut the cracker in half. After a couple of hours, I could eat a bit more. I found my BS had that hardest time in the morning, at least as far as I felt, not in the numbers. My BS could be 95 and I would feel yucky, that horrible head feeling I was telling you about. Also, stay away from ANYTHING that has high fructose corn syrup in the ingredient list. I found, that if I consumed that my BS would be irradict for two or three days after ingesting that yucky stuff. It can hide in a slice of bread, or a cup of yogurt, so it is important to read those labels.

I don't visit here very often anymore, I am trying to, so the best place to find me is
The Bourne Sisters Lowcarb Haven

I ate the typical 15 grams of carb per meal that she suggested. I increased the good fats, (butter, coconut oil,(I can tell you were to find a good place to order that if you need too, it is good for diabetes) olive oil and canola oil) again I did not worry about fats. I fudges my reports to the dietician, to make it seem like I was eating less, because I didn't want a battle.

Again never, ever, ever skimp on the protiens or the fats.
Good luck
Tanya