View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Thu, Aug-23-07, 11:23

Plan: general low carb
Stats: 265/260/160 Female 70
BF:
Progress: 5%
Default questions about calculating carbs

hello! i am new to TSP. My doctor suggested it to me a few years ago, i did it for about two weeks and then my husband was shipped off to iraq. now, 3 years later, he's back and we have a beautiful 2 year old daughter. I recently decided to give TSP a try again because A. I feel like crap and i'm only 31, B. I have excess weight i need to get off and C. my sugar levels have always been on the extreme high end of "normal".

I am so glad I found a place that talks about TSP.

I have a question, in the book the Dr. says to not counts the carbs in non-starchy veggies and that we can eat as many of these that our body needs. does this work for you and is it always true? I'll for instance eat a 3-4 oz piece of chicken, with 1/2 cup of corn and then most times almost a whole can of green beans. should i still really not count the green beans? it just seems so weird to not count those as carbs.

Also, on atkins i know they subtract the fiber grams to get the true net carbs, do we do that on SP as well? i don't remember ever reading anything on that in the books.

Can anyone give me some insight has to how they calculate carbs?

TIA
Sponsored Links