View Single Post
  #39   ^
Old Sun, Jun-19-05, 18:46

Plan: a variety
Stats: -/-/185 Male 74 inches
BF:
Progress:

Someone earlier mentioned concern about the e. faecium strain of probiotic found in ThreeLac. I just wanted to tell everyone that there are many, many different strains of e. faecium, and that it's usually one of the main bacteria found in our gut already! Here is some info I pulled up from a COMPETING product's website (not 3lac).

Enterococcus Faecium

This intestinal bacteria is present in large numbers in the adult colon. This is a fiber-loving bacterium with similar attributes to Lactobacillus casei. It appears to feed primarily on plant material and may be directly involved in the liberation and fermentation of plant lignins. Lignins are a group of compounds that have been documented as having powerful antioxidant activities.* E. faecium also is important in the breakdown and degradation of unusable components of the digestive process. As such, it’s one of the main bacterium that are important in the formation of fecal matter and is found in high concentration in feces.

I'm about to try 3Lac again. I took it for 2-3 months about 2 years ago, and had to stop because I couldn't afford it. I must say that in hindsight, my anxiety went waaaay down, my gingivitus problems improved, and I actually put on some weight. I was (and still am) too thin due to the limited food choices I've had to endure because of candida. But now I have a tiny bit more income, so will give it a go. Last time, about 2 months after my last three-lac (and Oxygen Elements Plus), my health went downhill, and has stayed there ever since.

Anyway, from what I've read, the e. faecium is a normal part of a healthy gut.

Dan