View Single Post
  #10   ^
Old Mon, May-16-11, 15:26
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins/Optimal Diet
Stats: 230/149.8/130 Female 64"
BF:
Progress: 80%

Yep, that's pretty much this "Optimal Diet" idea. I have ALWAYS lost best with fat, but my proteins have slowly crept up, because hey, they're low carb! :P

Anyway, I went on Hcg last November and lost 30 pounds, and I maintained it for a few months, but I found a thread on the "Boxing Ring" part of the Hcg forum and there was a brouhaha going on with a woman promoting JK's diet. It's on the Optimum Diet website. It involves ratios specific to each person, but the gist of it was that you want to ratio your Proteins:Fats:Carbs as 1(P):2-2.5(F):.3-.8(C). So, for me, this meant to maintain my weight, I would take my ideal weight (130 right now) and convert it to kg (59 for me) that's how many grams protein you need in a day, I think. Then you base your fat and carbs off of that, so mine would be 59g:118-147g:18-47g(P:F:C). I have scaled this down calorie wise, as that's what they recommend on the website, and have stayed at about 1:1-1.5:.4 every day this past week. I've gone from 161 to 153.2

Fat is my friend..........fat is my friend........fat is my friend........:P