Old Thu, Feb-23-06, 17:07
Registered Member

Plan: antivegan,was subzerocarb
Stats: 200/187/175 Male 6' 0"
BF:27%/19%/12%
Progress: 52%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuleikaa
I think it won't happen in our next few lifetimes and probably never. People want modern life and technology will advance to ensure it. No they'll mass produce alternative fuels (which was also and always been available since the '60s just suppressed and frozen out), jack that price up and keep on keeping on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwilightZ
If the prices went higher than people could afford, those energy producers would be out of business as would everyone involved in technology. No, the market will keep things in check and technology will advance.
Oh… how I wish the natural world worked this way! We will "never" run out of resources… and if "people (simply) want modern life (then) technology will advance to ensure it." They'll just "mass produce alternative fuels (available since the 60s!)" Wow! Talk about a "fantasy world"! I would LOVE to live in such a "fantasy world"… please, oh please tell me how to get to this "fantasy world"! What rabbit hole do I need to go down? Somewhere where "the market will keep things in check and technology will advance"…

First of all, if there were such alternative fuels, I think someone would know about them, and they would be talking about them… I haven't even heard of their (possible) existence yet. Until now. Please let me know where I can read more about these things? And don't tell me about hydrogen or using ethanol. Ethanol (and all other bio-fuels) are net energy losers… they require more energy to grow and process than they produce in the end, and the energy "inputs" required to do this are none other than oil and natural gas, the same fuels they are trying to replace. The electricity which produces hydrogen has to come from somewhere. To fill all the cars in the US would require four times the current capacity of the national grid! And where is this electricity going to come from? Coal burning is filthy, nuclear energy is expensive and lethal. I hope you guys are connected to some aliens that are going to come to our rescue… cuz barring that, I think we better start re-organizing our way of life, instead of watching it all go to a fiery hell! JMHO.

.....perhaps you guys should google "peak oil" and do some reading.....