View Single Post
  #138   ^
Old Wed, Feb-22-06, 18:47
Registered Member

Plan: antivegan,was subzerocarb
Stats: 200/187/175 Male 6' 0"
BF:27%/19%/12%
Progress: 52%
Default When we can no longer burn the midnight oil...

Well... to actually contribute something legitimate to extend the length of this "longest thread on the paleo forum"...

I was wondering if anyone thought about how in the (possibly near) future, when electric prices go through the stratosphere, there will be a huge change in all the lights (and business/activity) that currently run 24/7? I wonder if then we will begin to see less cancer and other diseases (including, of course, obesity). I do think we will end up "eating in season", since we won't be able to afford the "thousand mile caesar salad". We will also be eating grass-fed animals and lots of locally grown veggies, since grains are totally tied to modern big-ag (read petroleum based) farming practices.

What do others think of this? In her book, Wiley points out the fact that back before the widespread use of the lightbulb, people slept around 10 hours a night. I have a feeling we will all be sleeping a lot more, since we won't have the energy to do all these all-nighters anymore!