#8   ^
Old Wed, Jan-15-14, 15:51

Plan: Atkins (DANDR)
Stats: 260/218/140 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 35%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Plaia
Antibiotics for acne is like cracking a walnut with an anvil, it will work but it's totally unnecessary and it's giving your immune system a beating for nothing.

Actually for me, this isn't true. I have tried a lot of various treatments (OTC, prescription, and natural) with no, very minimal, or only transient results. I had to go on a course of Augmentin several months ago for something totally unrelated, and lo and behold my face had cleared dramatically in less than a week. In consult with my doctor, we decided on a time limited, tapered course of Amoxicillin to try to knock things out once and for all. As you might have also noticed, I'm taking a really small dose relative to that for an acute infection--not trying to justify, here--but just pointing out that it's not exactly like taking a course of ABX for something like sinusitis. If all goes well, I should be off in 6-8 weeks. After that, who knows--it may come right back, so I'm only cautiously optimistic. It's wait-and-see for now.