#7   ^
Old Wed, Jan-15-14, 15:44

Plan: Atkins (DANDR)
Stats: 260/218/140 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 35%

Quote:
Originally Posted by WereBear
That's good reasons... but I'm wondering why that's so?

I eat meat & seafood which, ounce for ounce, is a powerhouse of vitamins and minerals. I also eat a lot of leafy greens. If you are trying to cut down dairy (and it can be implicated with acne) I would suggest almonds, broccoli, and salmon with bones as other good sources.

Another, very powerful, acne influence is Omega 6 seed oils; avoid peanuts, chicken, look up the Omega ratios in the things you eat to see if there's an issue there. Soy oil and other vegetable oils are notorious offenders.

WereBear, I'm not sure. Meat I eat a lot of, and varied kinds. Seafood I am, unfortunately, not a fan of--and have never been, so I don't see that changing (ask me about the 2 weeks I spent in Japan--if that didn't convert me, nothing will! *lol*).

Leafy greens are a staple for me--at least 2-3 cups every day with lunch. And for dinner, too (I eat a ton of broccoli, kale, collards, mustard greens, etc.).

Rearding the acne, the only non-meat source I currently get any Omega 6 from is mayo (made with canola). I've looked for alternatives, and occasionally made my own, but still eat store bought canola mayo for conveniences' sake.