View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Nov-01-17, 09:56

Plan: atkins, carnivore 2023
Stats: 225/224/163 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 2%

Thanks for posting.

As there are many reasons for acid stomach issues, finding the right solution can be trial and error. But worth the effort IMO.

My step father acquired esophageal cancer due to acid reflux. After treatment his life was sitting in a comfy chair for 5 years. NOT FOR ME.

Eating the right foods can help USE the naturally occurring acids designed to chop up our foods, keep the valves (the psyphintors, spelled totally wrong) working properly to prevent reflux, etc.

Stress management is also critical. I lived on tums/breads all thru my high school years.... never ending stomachaches stressing over grades, 92 not good enough in my mind, and difficult home life.

H.pylori can be controlled by many fermented foods, so I have read. Always trying to increase fermented foods in our diets here at home. Trying to point out there is more than drug only options to a healthy GI. Certainly antibiotics are beneficial, I dont want to convey otherwise; rather trying to say support the GI before H.pylori and other "bad bugs" take hold and do damage.

Sorry . Im not the best poster.....