#8   ^
Old Sat, Apr-22-17, 10:10
Registered Member

Plan: Ketogenic
Stats: 290/192/175 Male 5'11
BF:
Progress: 85%
Thumbs up

Wow, thank you teaser, GRB5111 and M Levac. Between the three of you I am more comfortable with this concept now.

“So, fat adapted? Sure, let's keep the term so we know what were talking about, but it doesn't actually mean adaptation in my view.”

Exactly!

I never thought we needed to “teach” our bodies how to do this. They already know how, but clearing away the clutter first does gel.

GRB5111 another analogy might be a through house cleaning after years of neglect. Once you have done it, you can get by with smaller subsequent cleanings with the same effect. Each cleaning is now just picking up the most recent mess as opposed to the years of the mess you had to pick up the first time.

Although, Phinney did once make a comment that is slightly contradictory to this. He described ketosis like the Seattle Space Needle. Once you fall off you go all the way to the bottom, and you must start over again, and it takes roughly two weeks to get back to the top.

GRB111, are you are saying that you disagree with this? Are you saying that you can get back into fat fat-adaption or ketosis (or both) faster now than the first time?

Maybe we (I) are not properly separating ketosis from fat-adapted?

Is it possible Phinney needed to be more specific? Maybe there are different heights to the Space Needle? Frankly, Phinney’s comment was profoundly helpful to me; I was so damn scared of falling off that Space Needle and needing two weeks to get back to the top that it kept me hyper-vigilant and compliant.

I am not sure I want to believe I can easily go on-and-off! For me, that is a slippery slope!