Old Fri, May-10-02, 11:21
Registered Member

Plan: Schwarzbein Principal
Stats: 147/147/115
BF:
Progress: 0%
Thumbs up Congrats Chewie!!!

You must be doing something right!!!

I know how you feel about other people thinking you're suffering. How about those weird looks at the coffee stand when you dump plenty of half-and-half into your coffee and the (skinny) girl next to you is dribbling nonfat milk into hers. Ooo, I love that one!!!

About my weight loss, I wouldn't want to give you the wrong impression. It took me four years to lose those 40+ pounds and I did it the low-fat way (as I had not heard about low-carbing). The lowest I've ever been was 128. I am only 5 ft, which is why I've got the 115 goal. Personally, I'm not sure I was meant to be 115, but I figure I can tweak this when I get to where I once was, i.e., 125 or so. I sort of did Weight Watchers, only I'd skip a lot of meals. I didn't weigh myself regularly but could feel the weight loss on my clothes. When my mother came for a visit and we went shopping, I realized I'd gone down from an 18 to a 12! It was a good feeling and hard to believe that it was happening. HOWEVER, I knew I was doing unhealthy things to my body. My main reason for starting low-carb (and particularly Schwarzbein) was for health reasons, and I'm pleased as punch with the results. I am reminded of what I went through when I talk to the girl who works with me. She's a petite 22, a cute little thing, but with horrible eating habits. She has no breakfast and only fruit for lunch (something like an apple and a banana), and then she wonders why she feels sick/has headaches/has joint pain/is tired all the time. And it makes me SO GLAD I stopped all of that and am eating right!

Sorry, Chewie, if I went on and on. Even if the weight loss slows down, have faith that it will continue. I'd lost faith for a while, but I'm slowly making my way back to doing the plan RIGHT and I feel much better!

Tal
Sponsored Links