View Single Post
  #8   ^
Old Mon, Jun-16-03, 16:42

Plan: atkins/now CAD
Stats: 250/229/130 Female 63 inches
BF:yes/it/is
Progress: 18%

Hi tab, I know just how you feel. But since I first posted on this thread I've learnt to forget about the scales for a while and try the trusty tape measure. In the last 3 weeks I've still not managed to get down to the 240lb I posted. I've since found the scales were faulty, but I've left it there as kind of mini goal. BUT I've taken the advise on this site and pulled out my tape measure. Since I took my measurements 3 weeks ago I've lost 49cm. From what I can see it is common to loose inches when you're not loosing weight. So grab a tape measure and try it.
The theory seems to be that we increase our lean muscle mass as we reduce our fat. Muscle weighs more, but the cool thing is it burns 6x more calories than fat. So while you may not be loosing weight as fast as you'd like you will be getting thinner. Also you're developing that fat burning metabolism.
Don't give up, you'll find a lot of encouragement on these forums. Most of us have accepted this as a Way of Life. Feel free to drop into peoples journals and if you set one up yourself you'll find you get a lot of visits. Have a great week. I'll pop into this thread again to see how you're going.