View Single Post
  #3   ^
Old Sun, May-28-17, 05:45

Plan: very low carb real food
Stats: 245/125/135 Female 62
BF:
Progress: 109%

Given all the advice lately to limit protein I tried, briefly, to follow Rosedale's advise but found it impossible. I could not limit my protein to the degree he recommends while keeping my carbs adequately low at the level where I seem to do best but still get sufficient micronutrients. It just didn't work for me. I would also have had to force feed myself more fat and my diet was already about 70%-75% fat and I have no interest in bullet proof coffee. I like mine black.

And also there was the problem of evidence. Do we really know that a mostly plant based limited protein diet confers benefits or is this just the latest enthusiasm? I'm going with the latter. I decided to simply eat the way that seems to work for me and which I constantly return to, my apparent "sweet spot". According to Cron-O-Meter over the last 7 days I have averaged 83.5 gms of protein without a whole lot of daily variation. That's where I have decided to stay.

I guess I fall into that "elderly" category at 68. Could it really be that I'm doing the right things for myself?

Jean