View Single Post
  #54   ^
Old Mon, Aug-16-04, 04:57
Thank You Dr. Atkins

Plan: Atkinsmyway/Carb Cycling
Stats: 185/135/135 Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:yes
Progress: 100%

JimsBride: Interesting that you were already thinking of the same thing!

I definitely think that you do not want to go as low on calories as I am. I can see how the 10x rule is a little scary for you, that does sound like a lot of food, but the whole point of this is to keep your metabolism charged. If you lower the cals too much everything slows down.

I'm thinking also, though, that the lower calories/carbs is most important during carb down. There seems to be more flexibility in the carb up cycle. I'm basically eating during carb up the way I plan to eat at maintenance. Sometimes I'm sure I go to around 2,000 cals during carb up, but I try not to go over about 1700.

Perhaps something more along the lines of 2200/60 carbs and 1700/under 20 carbs would be doable for you?

Petcrazed: Yeah, I know what you mean. I can stay on Induction levels for about 5 days, no problem, but longer than that and I get really tired of it. So, this gives me a nice break before I go back to the Carb Down. Also, for me, it works BETTER than staying at Induction levels all the time.

Also - I am considering the 3 days up/3 days down idea. Or maybe, just so I can fit it into a week schedule, 3 days up (Fri-Sun) and 4 days down. I haven't tried that yet.

Cycle number 5 is finished for me. I only netted one pound on this one, but still it was so much more fun and easier than what I was doing before! I don't know if this was just a fluke, or if my weight loss is slowing down because I have less weight to lose, or if I need longer carb ups like I was doing at the beginning. I'm going to have to play with this some more.

Everyone who is trying this please post your results here so we can learn from each other!