Old Sun, Aug-13-06, 02:52
Registered Member

Plan: SPI
Stats: 154/165/132 Female 168
BF:33%
Progress: -50%
Question

Hi Don,
Thanks for really supportive email. I really appreciate it and need it right now.. Yeah im back down to 1 coffee/green tea a day and will keep at that probably for some time. With regards to my long days...yup theres not much that can be done about that im afraid. I have soooo much work to do every day.. I have placements at hosptials monday and tuesdays, classes wed and fridays, thursdays I tutor all day and sat usually placement...often form 2-11pm at night. and some how have to fit in writing my thesis, course work papers and presentations due nearly every week, and oh I forgot about sleep, let along exercise.
I am starting 2-3 pilates classes this week as my form of exercise and will maybe slot a few walks or yoga classes in there somewhere. I trying really hard to not stress and get down time but it soooooo hard because i just have so much do and really do feel like crying about it. The course is just a massive high stress job and the placements are even more stressful because you are working with severly acute mentally ill people...the day just never ends and only does when I decide im too exhausted to write anymore.

And yup, I re-read TSP both books actually and have the first one on hold for me. I do get everything she says. I guess it has been drummed into me for sooooo long that compex carbs are bad and to eat as much fruit and vegies as possible. So now my complex carbs are oatmeal (sometimes b/c of wheat intolerance) brown rice, potatoes, pumpkins, peas, lentils, corn, berries and organic yogurt. My proteins (because im off all meat) are ricotta cheese, cottage cheese, nuts, tuna, fish, eggs, and occasionally a dairy free lactose free and wheat free, sugar free protein powder and tofu. My fats are flaxseed oil, olive oil, nuts, avocado, and egg yolks etc.
And my non-startchy vegies are celery, carrot, beans, capsicums, salad mixes, broccoli, cauliflour, sprouts etc.
Is that right...?
I have made myself a few daily menus. Can you look over them and check they are ok.
I have documented a list of symptoms im suffering and want to fix now that im really trying to pick up my diet from today.

skin - few pimples esp that time of the month
energy - still fatigued, weak and dizzy when getting up from sitting down or when im in an small space, like the shower.
sleep - broken, up about 2 times a night and not enough sleep
exercise - none yet
stimulants - coffee, splenda and occasional refined sugar
BCP - off as of 2 weeks
conditions - PCOS ? maybe
stress management - poor, im a total stress head and thrive being stressed
headaches - regular
bowel movements - poor, not daily
weight - holding an extra 7kg eww

Based on my idea weight etc, my protein requirement is round 82g or between 9-11oz a day (I call them blocks)
my carbs are at 20g per meal..not sure if i should go 15 or not...should i?

So, im going to eat 3 blocks (21g) per main meal and 1 block (7g) per snack.
here is my plan for the next 2 days:

day 1:
B: 2 boiled eggs, 1 cup of cooked oatmeal with cinnamon, carrot + celery sticks with 1/4 cup ricotta cheese (lower fat)

S: 1oz of almonds + 2/3 cup strawberries

L: 1 small red potato with 3/4 cup cottage cheese, 1/4 avocado and shaved green vegies on top

S: 150g natural yogurt + 1/4 cup blueberries + sprinkle of nuts

D: 75g fresh water fish made into lemon grass soup using fresh ingredients and homemade vegie stock with 1/2 cup brown rice

day 2:
B: 2/3 cup oatmeal + 1/2 cup cottage cheese + 1 egg made into a pancake
vegie sticks

S: 1/4 cup ricotta cheese + 2 cups of strawberries

L: 50g tuna, 1/3 cup cottage cheese with homemade salsa made into a dip, vegie sticks + nuts and home made oven baked potato chips used as 'dippers'

S: 1 boiled egg mashed with 1/2 cup chick peas + homemade real mayo made into a dip. vegie sticks as dippers

D: 75g fish + 1 1/4 cup roast pumpkin with steamed green vegies with a flaxseed oil dressing.

Is that ok..? or are my measuring off the mark...?

ill let you know how I went on my insulin test and my cortisol...im getting really nervous but should know by wed at the latest...eeek

take care
stace