View Single Post
  #10   ^
Old Mon, Jan-07-02, 10:35

Plan: Dr. Scharzbein/Somersize Combo
Stats: 165/163/135
BF:
Progress: 7%
Wink How was your weekend Schwarbeiners???

Hi everyone
Well I'm down 2 lbs ( from last week's start) but yesterday my family was invited to a sledriding party at my good friends's house. She and I usually share our diet books but she is firmly against low carb. She says she is like a monster without carbs.....well I usually feel that way too for the first few days but she hates it and hates low fat too ???? She is still searching for diet that suits her. She is a great cook and made homemade veggie soup and lots of carb muchies but I only indulged in a few pretzels and hot tea w/ **sugar** I have a severe weakness for hot or cold ice tea w/ sugar. This friend and I used to even go to a local "tea house" to have our favorite tea (Republic of tea). We both love tea so I feel compelled to have tea at her house. I just can't bring myself to ingest more than one cup w/ splenda (It's the closest taste to sugar but it's still not the same). I guess I am just weak when it comes to going to other people's houses to eat. I do fine if I am dining out but I hate to make the hostess feel bad and not eat what she makes. I did take a relish tray and I nibbled mostly on that most of the night. I guess it won't totally derail me but I wish I had more will power - Last fall I did do Dr. S's plan 90% of the time and still lost weight .....not at lightening speed but it was still ok. I will just have to perservere. Anyone else struggling already? Thanks for sharing.
bye Sher