View Single Post
  #43   ^
Old Sat, Feb-10-18, 10:52

Plan: Atkins DANDR
Stats: 210/194/160 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 32%

Why would people rather take multiple meds with so many
life threatening side effects is beyond me.

During Christmas dinner, I had to listen to my DD3's future MIL talk about her illnesses and all the meds she takes. I really love the lady but all of it made me almost sick to see and hear.

She drank three to four full bottles of cokes throughout dinner (no water). Plus she ate tons of carbs. Toward the end of dinner, she began grasping her chest and telling me about how her heart goes into a spasm where the rhythm goes crazy and she has had to be taken to the hospital to have them do whatever to get the rhythm back in sync and if it didn't stop we would have to take her. Then she said that she isn't supposed to have caffeine, then (in my head I thought) and that much SUGAR in one sitting because she's diabetic! Honestly, I think it's the sugar and not the caffeine.

Later back at our house, while opening presents she was announcing how she eats candy bars every single afternoon at work and usually also has Little Debbies snack cakes. She was almost bragging for a reaction from me I guess, since I've talked a lot about LC.
She takes a ton of pills and IDK what but why would someone do this to themselves and then brag about it?

I gave her an Adkins book last year to read but she holds on to her sugar like it's the end of the world to even think of not having it. It's almost like an attention getting tactic when she actually boasts about the sugar she eats, which she has done many times not just that day.

It's like a drug attic boasting about their drug...
Then her son, my DD's BF was diabetic when he was living with her but since I've given him and my DD the book,(and lots of coaching) he is finally coming down to normal BS but she encourages him to have sugar...still! At her house is a carbathon with tons of those boxed pasta mixes that she buys and buys to the point that DD says there must be 25 of those in her pantry and half of them were expired.
When she lived with other DS a while back she complained that their children ate her Little Debbies and talked like she would die if she didn't have them...

It's like she's hooked to the point of having no common sense anymore.