View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Mon, May-05-03, 12:52

Plan: Schwarzbein
Stats: 169/154/150
BF:
Progress: 79%
Default General Comments

Hi: I read TSP I twice then loaned it out and have not received it back yet. I just bought TSP II but have not read more than a few chapters yet.

I (& hubby) began this WOE last July/August. Before that I was on a low-fat diet, including WW, for over 10 years. Food tasted bland / awful and I had the worst cravings. I would be really good, in control and low-fat for a while but then I'd binge; feel guilty about binging and I'd berate myself for "falling off the low-fat wagon". I would have a real stern talk with myself then recommit to eating low-fat again then bang-o, I'd fall off th elow-fat wagon again. I didn't understand why I did this and I was really having a problem with me! I had about 20lbs. to loose but could never seem to loose them.

Then I discovered TSP - I read it on a plane flight home and was soooooo impressed with how sensible the entire book is. Like it suggests in the book, when I got home I got rid of all the low-fat products in the house, and began introducing fats (butter, olive oil, etc.) and regular milk, instead of skim or 1% milk, into our diet. The only toughie for me has been weaning myself off white sugar. I went onto Stevia and while I didn't mind it, I didn't love it like I did sugar so I began decreasing the amount I used until now I don't use any.

I always drank decaf tea and coffee so I didn't have to give up caffeine. And I always exercised so it isn't like I had to make major life changes except in our diet. I have to tell you I felt so good about this WOE that I had my two daughters buy the book and read it. I/all of us bought TSP Cookbook and now I/we cook mostly the Schwarzbein way - love this WOE. Food tastes soooo good again and (for me this is the best part of all) the cravings have stopped.

I managed to loose 17 pounds but regained 5 when I went on a sweet tooth binge for about a week or 10-days so now I am back on the wagon. (There were sweet treats in the office all week and what my eyes saw the tummy wanted!) For me I will continue to eat low-carb because I feel so much better, with more energy than I have felt in a long, long time.

Hope this helps or answers your question.