View Single Post
  #24   ^
Old Sun, Feb-10-02, 12:36

Plan: Atkins/Stnry Bike/Physio
Stats: 225/210/155 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 21%

Hi there Sue.....

First of all, let me say that you have had lots of wonderful advice and information given to you here in this thread!!

I invite you to read the beginning of my journal. It's hard for me to believe that was me now! It was a VERY rocky road and it took all of the willpower, persistance and patience I had to stay the course. One of the things that helped me stay with it was that I KNEW that unless I did it and did it exactly and for at least three months, I couldn't say that it didn't work. Anything less would have been lying to myself.

Dr Atkins says specifically that Induction MUST be followed precisely for it to work. Any little deviation is the "kiss of death" to the effect of the WOE. He also says that it's up to each of us to tweak and fiddle with the diet until we come of with the version that is exactly right for us. I have discovered for example that I cannot tolerate bacon! I suspect it's the salt and since I have cut out processed meats and anything excessively salty, I have pretty much eliminated the swings the scale used to take for me.

The importance of drinking your water cannot be over stated!! It is in fact a KEY to LC. Just keep working the diet, and once your body adjusts to the new way of fueling and to the fact that this is NOT starvation...you will begin to experience good weight loss. Another way that you can increase your ability to lose is to exercise. Increasing your muscle mass will increase your ability to burn calories. Simple math.

One final suggestion from me...How about starting a journal? I think you will find it a most useful tool and a place where the rest of us can visit you regularly and offer inspiration and information!

Keep at it! You too CAN be a LOSER!!

Marlaine