#8   ^
Old Thu, Feb-01-18, 17:57

Plan: Atkins-ish (hypoglycemia)
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 63
BF:
Progress: 50%

Quote:
Originally Posted by deirdra
The worst thing for knees & backs is standing all day, especially on a concrete floor - just ask any supermarket cashier. Mixing it up with one foot or the other up on a stool if you have to stand all day and walking & sitting during breaks is needed.

Yep, it's incredibly hard on the joints.

As a self scan attendant, I do a lot more walking back and forth from one register to another than a regular cashier who is stuck in one spot behind the register all day, but even at that, if being on your feet all those hours made enough of a difference to cause weight loss, I should be downright svelte at this point.

There are quite a few younger co-workers who are still slim and trim, most likely mainly because they're still young, and either have really good genes, or just haven't totally wrecked their metabolisms yet. There are of course even a few older co-workers who are still slim. But for the most part, the people I work with are overweight, and becoming more and more overweight as they get older, despite the fact that they're on their feet all day long.