View Single Post
  #289   ^
Old Fri, Oct-13-17, 02:26

Plan: Atkins, sort of
Stats: 184/166/152 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 56%

I was so amazed that I managed to lose all that weight (17 kg or so, which was a life changer for me) with low carb and it didn't seem that tough, but once I got close to goal it got very hard. Pounds started to creep back after a couple of years and now I just can't get into that mode again. I am getting a bit fed up of my meals repertoire and more or less alternating meat and fish with some kind of veg. My girls - who live in the house but don't eat with us are both vegetarians, and I'm starting to feel a bit bad about all the poor animals I eat. I miss the pasta dishes that I used to love preparing. My husband joined me on the low carb woe but he's trying to be gluten free as he says it really makes a difference to him. To me, it doesn't seem to make that much difference. There are some types of bread - toasted ciabatta and springy brown bread full of grains - that I love. I have decided to have a slice of buttered toast for breakfast some days, as my gluten free crispbreads are very dull. If I stick with low carb for the rest of the day, maybe that will be doable. It's all about tweaking :-) I haven't tried any pasta for ages but one day I might just have a plate of spaghetti alio olio, to see if it's as good as I remember. I'll make it a special occasion though. I had better stop there or they'll throw me off the forum! Seriously though, I think low carb is a fantastic way to lose weight. For those who can embrace it totally, it's probably a great way to keep it off too. But sometimes it feels a hard row to hoe. :-)