View Single Post
  #16   ^
Old Fri, Nov-06-15, 13:17

Plan: low carb
Stats: 171/125/145 Female 5'9
BF:
Progress: 177%

that link to the standard sizing in the 70's was neat!
i only know my bust off hand (I had professional done recently after extreme weight loss due to prolonged illness- i am healthy now! but i am still in process of gaining back the weight).
my bust was spot on for the weight estimate for both misses' and misses tall.

I am 5'9 with broad, but delicate bone structure. I was at my strongest (I am an athlete) at 150-155. Aesthetically, I loved myself best at 135-140.

Below 135 people start asking if i have been ill, or if I'm "okay."

Currently i bounce between 119-123, and EVERYONE is concerned. But the good news is i have regained from my LW of 110, so I am on my way to the Dr approved weight to resume exercise (130) with an ultimate target of 140.

i agree with the opinions above re: vanity sizing- it's like they just pick a number and slap it on, they have no relevance anymore. i wish it was like men's using inseams and waists!
My jeans (Express) are size 0, my wedding dress (I'm engaged so i just bought it) is a size 10. HAHAHA!

also, our perception is warped by the rampant obesity in this country.

let judgement be you guide.
and remember just a small reduction (5% of total bodyweight) GREATLY risk of heart disease. Also each pound of extra bodyweight puts the equivalent of 10 pounds of pressure to the knee when running and about 3-5 when just standing.....so a small weight loss= huge reduction in that stress.
There are tons more stats like that, but you get my point.

Best of luck!
Sponsored Links