View Single Post
  #64   ^
Old Fri, Oct-26-12, 12:41

Plan: Low Carb Primal
Stats: 170/135/135 Female 5ft.6in.
BF:
Progress: 100%

“The difference between successful and unsuccessful people is that successful people are willing to do what the unsuccessful people are not.”

I came across this thread today and the quote above, just when I finally lost patience with someone who is always "trying" to lose weight. She ate clean low carb for 2 weeks, no grains or sugars at all, lost 8lbs, and reported that some of her joint pain had gone away. Then she spent the next 2 weeks telling me how she thinks she needs to eat grains again (a) for fiber (b) because she's scared of getting constipation (c) because she has a headache (d) because her blood pressure was temporarily a little high (e) because someone "insinuated" that she might have hypoglycemia. I answered every one of her questions and provided articles and links to more information about each issue, doing all the research and googling for her - she didn't have time to do it for herself (red flag right there!). I won't even mention how many reasons she has for never exercising, not even a simple 5 minute walk around the block!

Finally, I had a light bulb moment: she wants to eat carbs and she doesn't want to exercise. Duh! When she came up with her latest complaint disguised in the form of a question, I just said "Sounds like you're looking for excuses, if you want sugar and starch go ahead and eat them, it's your body; at least now you can make informed decisions about what you choose to eat, and it's great that you were open to trying low carb for 2 weeks".

As a successful maintainer (only one year so far, but still...) I think the quote in bold is very apt.