#131   ^
Old Sat, Jul-14-18, 03:57

Plan: P:E=>1 (Q3-22)
Stats: 168/100/82 Male 182cm
BF:
Progress: 79%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImOnMyWay
Since reviewing some of these posts, I started watching vids of kite foiling. Looks wild. These guys are really flying! I've long been interested in maybe learning wind surfing... haven't done it yet... this looks not necessarily easier, but maybe requires less upper body strength? I guess you like it better?

I live fairly near the Columbia River Gorge...

Hi π ! thanks for stopping by. Kite foiling is my new hobby it's a lot of fun, exciting and and endless opportunity to learn new stuff with fairly "concequence" as they say in the skateboard circles. And yes, you are litterally flying, flying a small airplane under the water with your feet, legs and body above the surface.

Hood River is a place I spent summers 10+ years ago, windsurfing every day there was wind and skating the other days. Go to Big Winds in HR and they'll setup lessons for you or I think you might just be able to go to the "Hook" down by the event site and get lessons. It's a really good spot for learning.

Not much upper body strength needed for either as you spend most of the time in a harness that connects your body to the sailing rigs.

happy sailing!