View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Tue, Apr-01-03, 18:58

Plan: atkins
Stats: 202/191/125 Female 5ft 4in
BF:TOO/Mu/ch
Progress: 14%
Arrow Delicious chicken!!

I was really craving enchiladas last night....so I kind of started tinkering around in the kitchen and threw this together...my husband loved it and so did I!

8 chicken tenders
half an onion(sliced into thin rings)
a small tomato(chopped_
1 tbs butter
1 garlic clove(chopped)
olive oil

I heated the olive oil in a skillet over med/high heat then added the chopped garlic. Let that turn just golden and then add the onions. Stir until the onions begin to get soft and at this time add chicken. Brown on both sides (I used tenders, which cook pretty fast...they took about 3-4 minutes each side) once chicken is browned and cooked thru....remove from pan, leaving the onion-garlic mixture in pan. I added the chopped tomato and butter at this point. As the butter was melting I used my spatula to scrape all the little brown bits off the bottom of the pan and this mixed with the butter, onions and juice from the tomotoes gave a lovely reddish brown sauce. Once the the butter is completely melted and the tomato starts to soften down...add the chicken back into the pan and cover with mixture. I covered the chicken with a handful of grated cheddar and closd the lid so it all melted over the chicken. I served it with a spoonful of sour cream on top and this tasted like we were eating out! It was really good. Hope you enjoy!

YUMM!
Sponsored Links