#8   ^
Old Wed, Apr-20-16, 17:30

Plan: Low carb, low gi
Stats: 210/159/154 Female 68.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 91%

Quote:
Originally Posted by s-piper

- Thick thighs and butts are in, so who cares that I'm losing in my legs? Whether it was the skinny mini look of the 80s and 90s, or the thicker look of today, everyone agrees that you need a flat stomach. Which, I'm sure, will be impossible for me without surgery!

- Even the medical community agrees having weight in your butt and thighs is better, but, if you have a gut, it's only just a matter of time before you die young! Sucks for you! You're working on losing it? Well that's good, but you'd still be better off if your fat distribution were more feminine!

Can anyone help me put this into perspective?

Hi, I'm not sure if you're still looking for an input but here's what I have found in my own experience: I wear a size 4-6 (I'm 5'9) and definitely do not have a thigh gap. I think it has to do with bone structure too. You might have the bone structure that gives you a thigh gap at any size but I never will. I lost about 60 lbs with this WOE and strength training. To my surprise I have ended up looking kind of athletic! This means I have strong muscular thighs but my waist is 27 inches. It's an adjustment because I haven't ended up supermodel thin but I think it's important to see what your body wants to do and measure only against yourself.

It is wonderful that your pants are fitting looser and you feel good! Congrats and good luck.