View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Tue, Apr-12-16, 15:01
Registered Member

Plan: Keto
Stats: 378/268/150 Female 5ft 0"
BF:
Progress:
Default Almost 1yr ketoversary. (HW 378 pounds down to 267 in 19 months)

Crossposting my progress from another support group I'm on.

Coming up on my 1yr ketoversary beginning of May. I started my weight loss journey 19months ago in August 2014, i first started by calorie restriction (still high carb) then hit a 4 month stall that nearly broke me. Then a year ago last May 2015 found out about keto and started on it and have never looked back.

Highest start weight in Aug 2014 was 378lbs and current is 267lbs (111 pounds total lost in 19 months, the last 65ish through keto the past year). It has stalled the past couple of weeks but I'm okay with that as I will keep calm and keto on. Learning to love my body as I continue on this journey. I try on lots of fitted clothes in the comfort of my room but i never wear them out ever! So i'm trying to break out of my comfort zone clothes (i'm sure many can identify with this haha).

Keto has brought me back to life from a deep dark hole I was in, I have energy for the first time in my life, I no longer need an afternoon nap (aka carb crash), my high blood pressure is normal for the first time in over a decade without meds!!! Sleep apnea is gone, and many many more health benefits.

This post is hopefully to encourage anyone starting from a higher weight and about to start (or already started) their journey, I know i still have a long way to go and it helps seeing the pics inbetween, someday I hope to finally post my after pictures when I get to goal.

My 2 cents, Start keto (LCHF) today, you won't regret it!

Close to my highest, and the current pic trying on some fitted clothes which i'm not yet brave enough to wear out yet. Still learning to love the new version of me (work in progress).

-------------
I remember the day i took this pic in the mirror i saw no difference, then when i did the side by side i couldn't believe it when i saw the belt practically falling to the ground lol

---------
I was a bridesmaid at a dear friends wedding around my highest weight, at this point i was just sick and tired of being sick and tired and knew i had to do something or else i'd be headed for an early grave sigh. I tried on the dress again recently (not that i'd wear it out anywhere, just as a marker) and was surprised to see it was hanging on me unlike how super tight it was on that day i thought it would burst open!

My one piece of advice take those before pics!!! i'm struggling to look for them now because i hated getting pictures taken at my highest. Once put side by side they have really helped me see that indeed i have made progress even if i have such a long way to go still.
Sponsored Links