Old Tue, Aug-21-12, 07:12
Attitude is a Choice

Plan: No sugar, flour, wheat
Stats: 228.4/209.0/170 Female 5'6"
BF:stl/too/mch
Progress: 33%

Quote:
Originally Posted by leaddore
Greetings everyone. Me and my girlfriend are new to South Beach and low carb diets in general. We made the switch to SB on Sunday. We were really huge carb freaks to the point where we gave away about 100+ dollars in food from the house when we purged in prep for the change in diet. After only two days we are finding it hard to plan meals but we are getting it slowly (we more than likely should have prepared a little better, but too late to go back now). We came across Dreamfields pasta and were surprised to see how low it claimed the carbs that counted were. Being in phase I I know we should stay away from all pastas, but I also know we don't count carbs like other plans. So I guess they question is how bad is this for a phase I person to eat? It would go a long way to help through phase I since it would at least feel like we are eating pasta even tho it is pretty healthy!

Thanks in advance for your advice!

Hi and welcome!

The short answer to your question is NO....dreamfields is not allowed on phase I. Doing phase I correctly is key...knowing what is acceptable is the only way to do it properly.
The only reason that they call Dreamfields low carb is that it is covered in a starch blocker( inulin). It is made just like any other pasta, wheat flour..and that is strictly not allowed on phase I.

I was just like you when I started out 8 yrs ago, still trying to my pasta fix. Yes, I see it as a drug. I did do my 2 weeks of phase I until I got the 2 weeks right. It took me about 4 weeks to do that as I kept having fruit. Then when in phase II, I did use Dreamfields to get my fix once a month ( strict 2 oz portion) as I transitioned away from it totally. I still have a box that sits on my shelf for the past 3 yrs, unopened.

So, sorry to tell you this but you need to know all the rules. The food lists and meal plan guides for phase I and II, are here for you to use and follow. They are located at the start of our weekly weighin thread.

Good Luck!