Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 157/146/135 Female 165cm
BF:
Progress:

I have a really good ref book on artifucial sweetners:
Quote:
Sucralose (splenda)
perhaps it enough to say that Splenda is chlorinated sugar. The sugar molecules are changed by substituting three chlorine atoms for three hydroxyl groups. How healthy does that sound? FDA's final report stated that 11 - 27 percent of sucralose is absorbed by humans and rest is excreted. According to Japanese Food Sanitation Council as much as 40 percent is absorbed. Dr Mercola states, " Concidering that Splenda bears more resembelance to DDT than sugar, are you willing to bet your health on this data? Remember that fat soluable substances such as DDT cna remain in your fat for decades and devestate your health.

Aspartame
Is marked today as NutraSweet, Equal, Spoonful, Equal-Measure. Aspartame users suffer form symptoms of headache, numbness, seizures, joint pain, chronic fatigue syndrome, multiple sclerosis, and epilepsy.
A recent book by DR Russel L. Blaylock, proffesor of neurosurgery, "Excitoxins: The Taste That Kills, explains that aspartame is a neurotransmitter, faciltating the transmission of information from one neuron the another. Aspartame allows to much calcium into brain cells, killing certain nerons, earning aspartame the name of "excitotoxin.
With aspertame to wide spread , even in multivitamins,(read all labels) its no wonder that there is a epidemic of memory loss, Alzheimers disease and MS.
Do you fly the friendly skies? Research had concluded that pilots are more suseptible to seizures after consuming aspartame. The Aspartame Consumer Safety Network notes that 600 pilots have reported acute reactions to asparame including grand mal seizures while in the cockpit.
Food For thought!
Natural low glycemic Sweetners are excellent alternitives to sugar such as Blue Agave, FOS, Fructose, Maple syrop, Stevia, Yacon, (Xylitol -I am not 100 percent sure on, need to recerch that one.)
My children are not even aloud candy that has artificial sweetners. We buy natural. Think of all the children that drink diet pop and you wonder why ADD is running rampade.
Hope this helped, and all the info if not form me but copied from a desk refference.
Amanda