View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Tue, Feb-23-10, 14:00

Plan: Four Corners
Stats: 215/215/140 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress:
Default Celiac Sprue to Non-Celic to Low-Carb = Not good

When I was a good, I was misdiagnosed with celiac sprue. As a result, I spent 10 years of my childhood never touching a single morsel of any gluten products, and was very low-carb. When the tests came back negative for celiac sprue, I began eating normally (FINALLY). I weight 120 lbs (was underweight) and ate anything I wanted for many years. When I got to college, I began gaining weight. I went from 120 to 215 and look back wondering how I let this happen. My doctor suggested I go on the low-carb diet so I began trying it.

However, I'm having major problems sticking to it. It brings back so many bad memories of always being left out, never being able to touch food that everyone loved, and being forced to restrict myself. I just can't seem to get past this mental roadblock. I look at myself and I just cry because I don't know what to do. I have actually gained weight (10 lbs) since starting low-carbs (though to be fair, I had to start and stop many times because of surgery and only be able to eat plain bread otherwise I couldn't hold food down) but I do a fairly decent job of staying somewhat low. I am for less than 50 grams of carbs (per 4 corners) but I somehow end up with closer to 100 grams of carbs. I've read all the remarkable stories of losing 60 lbs in 3 months (exactly what I need to do), but how do you stick to a diet that just brings up bad memories/feelings? Has anyone gone through anything similar?
Sponsored Links