View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Tue, Jun-10-08, 17:00
Experimenter

Plan: DDF
Stats: 202/185.4/179 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 72%
Default Crunchy Green Beans (Missing french fries?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolynC
Roasted green beans can make a surprisingly good substitute for French fries. Take whole frozen or fresh green beans and drizzle them with extra virgin olive oil. I put the green beans in a plastic baggie, add 1-2 T of olive oil and shake to coat the green beans with oil. Put the beans on a cookie sheet, salt and season them as desired. I put the salt in the baggie, too, and shake it on. Roast in a 425 degrees F oven for about 25-30 min. Halfway through the cooking time, turn the green beans. You want the beans lightly brown and crunchy; some will even get quite dark, but don't burn them. They may look ugly, but they'll taste good.

Some people also season them with onion salt or garlic. And, it make take some test tasting to get the crunch just right. I originally learned about these from a long thread on the forum at Dr. Bernstein's Normal Sugars website, but I believe there is also a thread about them somewhere on this forum.

CarolynC initially posted this in the diabetes forum and I just wanted to make sure I didn't lose track of it! All credit to her!
Sponsored Links