View Single Post
  #14   ^
Old Mon, Jun-09-08, 11:47
Dazed and Confused

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 170/132/135 Female 5'10
BF:
Progress: 109%

Char, you're right. Very few people are as motivated as this group. My theory is that the ADA is well aware of the benefits of low carbing, but they are afraid of non-compliance. If the endos get the new patients controlled with LC, and then patients lose motivation and start eating whatever they want, they would be worse off then trying to control them eating the SAD with enough meds to somewhat control it. I'm not sure how it would play out, but I have little faith in people staying motivated. I hear the same story from my doctors that i'm in the 99.99th percentile of BG control.

Man, Korban, you need to lose that internist. Just running 300 sugars can make you depressed, not to mention sap your energy and ruin your entire quality of life. Why don't doctors consider your quality of life?

I'm in lucky in a sense that high BGs make my stomach hurt and are so unpleasant I will do anything to avoid them. I'm not going to suffer very high BGs for more than a couple of hours because I will bolus them down immediately.