View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Oct-28-07, 17:52
Every day is day one

Plan: AtkinsMaintenance/IF
Stats: 185/145/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 133%

OK--I see a few things that really may not be your fault or the fault of the diet at all (although I am not familiar with swede LCHF).

You say you started on Sept 5 on the Swede LCHF and 6 days later you switched your plan? Right there, it takes more than 6 days for any plan to work. It takes months!!

Then you switched to Atkins (but it doesn't say for how long) and you started tweaking it (it sounds like almost immediately) which I really don't recommend. You gave up cream, you gave up this, you gave up that, you tweaked, you fretted....sounds like you really haven't given either of plans a real chance. Then you started carb cycling. Your body isn't resistant, it's confused.

Plus you say then (just a few weeks ago?) you were hot and now you are cold??
Maybe not eating enough and maybe not tracking your carbs appropriately.

It looks like you recently had a baby (is that you in the pic)?

After childbirth, peri-menopause, menopause, and other medical type conditions may slow weight loss. To me, it sounds like your body is resisting becuase of the constant switching of plans and perhaps because you just had a baby.

Now, take a breath....BREATH....relax.

Coming from someone who is 47 and perimenopausal, this (Atkins) does work, but it doesn't work in 6 weeks. It took me close to 8-9 months to lose 30-35 pounds. Your weight does not drop in a linear fashoin. It drops a bit, stays for a bit (a bit to long for my taste) and then drops a bit more--so on and so forth and then one day, you wake up and you are at goal.

I started about where you are (185) and my goal is/was what yours is (150--although I only hit 150 for 24 hours--my body liked 153 and I was cool with that). Might I suggest that you re-read your Atkins. Plug in your foods to make sure that you are not overdoing the calories and that your carbs are inline, and read the below article. Also until you are well versed in your low carb WOE and can identify your trigger foods--please, please, please, follow the carb ladder (a mistake that many people make).

Not only weigh yourself, but also measure yourself. It could have been that you really were losing inches but the scale wasn't showing it. Scales are nasty devilish things--always messing with your head (read the below article)

Might I also advise you to start using a tool such as FITDAY or MYPLAN (I use MYPLAN--available on this website for free)--a very real eye opener as to calories and carbs. Remember, Dr. Atkins never said that calories don't count. Just that low carbbing gives an individual a metabolic advantage.

As for your husband--he's probably telling you to eat a piece a bread because your driving him crazy with the diet and the scale--you know men--maybe if you ate a piece of bread you'll feel better--NOT!

Good luck and read this article.

Lisa
http://carbsmart.stores.yahoo.net/outout.html