View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Jul-07-18, 18:04

Plan: atkins, carnivore 2023
Stats: 225/224/163 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 2%

When you put good quality foods into your body the internal working start to get back to normal. With high carb diets we are causing inflammation in the body, which is fluid retension.

As the body reorganizes, the fluids start to kick out. Thar effects the many minerals in the body, aka salts. Each tissue in the body has a predominant type and the body is designed to have equalibrium.... but with all the fluids leaving it needs to reorganize.

If the body does not get its daily supply of each and every one of these minerals, it will pull from the supply and cause an upset in another tissue because blood must be kept in balance, while other tissues can be sacrificed.

So eat your salt, get a daily supply of magnesium citrate, eat your potassium as a salt ( low salt).

I prefer low salt as it has both potassium and sodium in one supply. AND a seasalt has a boat load of microminerals.

A big salad of leafy greens can supply a great deal of the postassium according to dr berg, but I find I cannot eat the volume he recommends so I depend on the salts.

THere is a great thread called EAT YOUR SALT, hopefully someone will give you a link for it.

( I would get horrific debilitating full leg cramps--incentive to eat my salt before the cramps start up at night.)