View Single Post
  #7   ^
Old Fri, Jul-06-18, 07:27

Plan: mostly milkfat
Stats: 190/152.4/154 Male 67inches
BF:
Progress: 104%

Calorie counting on low carb works when it works. If you can purposefully eat a little less without discomfort, then why not? For me, counting to 2000 calories on the SAD would leave me hungry and probably bingeing past that limit. On very low carb, high fat keto, I might feel stuffed on the same calories--and more energetic etc. I've counted to lose, eating less than my appetite, that just led to lethargy and binges. Calorie counting for me is more of a measure of the effect of my diet on my appetite.

I probably generally eat less on keto than I'd eat if my diet were less ketogenic, it just doesn't feel that way.

I've been eating for the last few months without tracking calories, and still losing weight, my new job keeps me very active. I've handled this by keeping my protein and carbs the same, and then drinking as much heavy cream as it takes, at 94 percent fat calories it would take a lot to keep me out of ketosis.

The Biggest Loser workouts don't work generally long term, because who can find the time to do low-quality workouts 30-40 hours a week? Now my job is a low quality workout.