View Single Post
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Mar-04-03, 14:56
Registered Member

Plan: common sense low carb
Stats: 165/160/135
BF:
Progress: 17%

My, you guys sure get defensive....and arrogant.

I do not believe that a majority opinion is the standard for truth. Having said that, I also don't believe that alternative thinking necessarily indicates truth either.

There is plenty of research that shows high fat/cholesterol diets are HARMFUL. You can deny and/or ignore it, but it won't go away.

And, yes, Atkins' proponents post their articles and studies that support their theory.

So where does that leave us?

Somewhere in between, perhaps.

And let's not ignore the role GENETICS plays in how a person's body reacts to food.

You said: "But the good news is that the bad cholesterol, LDL, drops and so does triglyceride levels." Not for everyone! I just stated that ALL of the patients my doctor has seen who have been on the Atkins diet (and lost weight) have had an INCREASE in their cholesterol and triglyceride levels. He was not referring to the "good" cholesterol level as those patients who saw the jump had to take medication to REDUCE it. You do not take medication to reduce good cholesterol.

The fact that you continue to state that this is a "healthy way to eat for life" proves how dangerous Atkins' propopents are. You sound cultic. And I'm sure NOTHING will change your mind. You believe what you WANT to believe because you like what you are doing.

End of story.