#24   ^
Old Thu, Aug-09-18, 10:24

Plan: VLC, mostly meat
Stats: 202/200/165 Male 5' 7"
BF:
Progress: 5%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms Arielle
Since not all microbes are pathogens, then how does the body regulate and control the location of the microbes. WHat is located in one area is a different ratio than another area. When we have super clean bodies, we get more sick. Having the right mix keeps us healthy. SKin, mouth, GI, Vagina, etc. Having the right good microbiome keeps the bad ones in check.

What am I missing in how you see this?

Look, if you can't see it, in spite of the lengthy explanation I provided, giving you more explanation is gonna sound like I'm trying to convince you, so I won't. Also, I try real hard not to be a jerk.

Instead, I'll show you how I question all the usual assumptions that have been drilled into me. I'll take one example from your post because I used to believe that too, but I don't anymore.

When we have super clean bodies, we get more sick.

I used to believe that too, but now I think it's absurd. So, how do we get more sick? Is it because we are naturally sick and the bugs somehow compensate? That's absurd, so that's not how we get more sick. The only other possible way is that the bugs continuously challenge our immune system, which in turn is now primed to handle other bugs or the same bugs in greater number or elsewhere. In effect, this is on-going immune training. It's the same principle with intentionally infecting kids with various childhood diseases, so that they don't die from that as an adult later on.

Let's go back to that on-going immune training. Before we come to any conclusion whatsoever about that, we can describe it as a chronic infection, because it is. But it's benign and asymptomatic. It's also precisely localized to tissues that can handle it. The immune system is continuously challenged, and is continuously fighting this infection. Indeed, that's likely the primary reason it's benign and asymptomatic. It's reasonable to expect something to happen if we suppressed the immune system, yes?

With the above, we've answered the question "how do we get more sick". But if you understand fully, we've also answered the question "do we get more sick". If we accept that it's a chronic infection, and we remove that by making our bodies super clean, the answer is unambiguous.

OK, I'm not trying to convince you here. I'm illustrating how it works in my brain when I question common beliefs and assumptions and premises. You know that thing we say "everybody knows that". Well, if that's what we say about it, there's a high chance I'll question it, and there's also a high chance I'll end up disagreeing with it, which is what happens here.