View Single Post
  #13   ^
Old Sat, May-16-15, 08:11

Plan: Reduced carb
Stats: 217/189/150 Female 5ft 2 inches
BF:lots/lots/less
Progress: 42%

This thread now has me totally confused. I was never diagnosed with diverticulitis but for a while I had bouts of loose bowels and sometimes actual diarrhea. In 2011 I started to get some pain and ended up in the ER needing emergency surgery due to diverticulitis that perforated. I had a colostomy bag for 6 months. The doctor had removed the part of my bowel that had the diverticulitis but told me I could get it again. I have been fine until lately. I love cooked vegetables and eat a lot of them, feeling that I'm getting "good fiber." I was not much of a salad eater, but since I started eating them regularly recently I am getting the loose bowels again. I don't know if it's the lettuce or the dressing causing it. I don't want to have to give up my cooked vegetables, but maybe I should cut back a bit. I don't ever want to go though that surgery again, and it quitting/cutting way back on vegetables is going to do the trick then that's what I'll do. I have bookmarked the links that have been posted on this thread and intend to go back and read them thoroughly.