#9   ^
Old Mon, Jan-23-17, 04:42

Plan: P:E/DDF
Stats: 225/150/169 Female 5' 9"
BF:45%/28%/25%
Progress: 134%

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsnd
Thanks. Just nervous reading diet doctor and trying to follow what he says. Trying to stay below 20 carbs. Not sure how long I should stay 20 and below.

The 20g Two Week Challenge on DietDoctor is the clinic diet used at Duke Lifestyle Clinic also found in the back of Why We Get Fat by Gary Taubes. Through the local support group I know people who have kept below 20 g for years and years, it is what they need to do to control blood sugars and stay healthy. Everyone keeps it 20g until ten pounds from goal...there are no "phases" in the clinic. Clinic patients are obese and often diabetic, so the plan is stripped down to the basics...very easy to follow.
I have eaten this way for six years, with more vegetables than the basic plan, but if weight creeps up I rein the carbs back further and add intermittent fasting. Check DietDoctor for info on that. Go through the list of permitted foods find ones you like, http://www.kostdoktorn.se/wp-conten...starch_diet.pdf
Eat When you are Hungry, stop when full. You'll do great on it as long as you want.