View Single Post
  #11   ^
Old Thu, Aug-17-17, 07:06

Plan: Very LC, Higher Protein
Stats: 227/186/185 Male 6' 0"
BF:
Progress: 98%

Thanks for the link, Jean. Sisson's response is a thoughtful summary of the dilemma faced by many who are trying to achieve health using a dietary approach. There is so much conflicting information available today that it's no wonder people are confused.

The emotional response to those who recommend the vegan approach eschewing animal foods in favor of healthy plant foods makes a lot of sense on the surface, and some do well with this approach with some qualifiers of needing to get the nutrients they require through this dietary approach. However, it's critical for the individual to include vegan food sources containing essential nutrients that are readily available in animal foods to experience a complete nutritional vegan approach.

The confusion extends to all of us including my family where I noticed over the past weeks spending time with my grand daughter that where she was being fed healthy whole foods including meats and vegetables, she was also being served rice cakes and white breads for snacks as well. Now, at just about 2 years old, she may process carbs very well, but over a longer period of time, this may not be the best approach. Understanding my place as a grandfather, I did not share my thoughts. However, I know my DIL is doing what she feels is best, and I'm sure she truly believes that rice cakes are good things. She and my son are also influenced by the dietary confusion that abounds today. Very frustrating indeed!