View Single Post
  #52   ^
Old Wed, Apr-13-05, 02:50
Princess Perseverant

Plan: general LC - pregnant
Stats: 250/157/157 Female 5 foot 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

i doubt much will help before june, but maybe get a gauzy scarf to wear with the outfit to make you feel less self-conscious? wear your hair down, or is that not an option?

i know exactly how you feel. i will tell you that even though i lost 50 pounds and got down to about 185 on CAD (still eating a far amount of carbs) it was only once I went on Atkins and really cut the carbs down majorly that the skin discolouration began to go away. It's almost entirely gone on my neck; I asked my sister if I could wear my hair up - showed her the back of my neck, cringed, waiting for the comment - she didn't even understand what I was talking about! That's how much it has gone from my neck. But it only happened after serious reduction in carbs. I'm not sure whether it was losing more weight, or even less carbs that did it, but I have a suspicion it was going on atkins that did it. My skin is still a little discoloured around my armpits and tops of my thighs, but much less than it was - and at least those areas aren't on show most of the time!

I'd also had the dark skin since about 12 years old and had tried every skin thing I could find, but nothing worked. I found it nothing short of miraculous when it started fading due to what I was *eating*.

good luck!

Deborah