#3   ^
Old Sun, Feb-07-10, 18:13

Plan: 0
Stats: 120/120/120 Male 66
BF:
Progress:

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfstrike
You say you do low GI and feel down and that high sugar peps you up.Is there a difference in the amount of carbs your injesting when you go from the lowGI to high sugar foods?

OJ is basically sugar dude.Your body will divide the sucrose and you get half fructose.Fructose is bad for you.Just a suggestion but have you tried a meal with alot of starch?

My main meals have been tofu with brown rice and red beans and whatever vegetables I get my hands on, cucumber, spinach, onions, broccoli etc.. I hadn't gone about counting all the other macro-nutrients so I may very well be deficient in one of them I have no idea.

(Edit: An initial search tells me those three staples are high in starch, but feel free to do better research than me)

Yeah, I'm well aware that OJ is mostly sugar and is not good for you... As I said in the original post, I don't feel completely awake without it, and I have obligations that require my full concentration. I want to get off sugar but for whatever reason I'm not getting much energy from the other foods I'm eating.