View Single Post
  #19   ^
Old Thu, Jul-27-06, 19:54

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 245/204/120 Female 5'2"
BF:too much
Progress: 33%

LOL! Doesn't it sound horrid? I've never tried it so I couldn't tell you.

I was at 265 when my knees started to give. It's been a long time coming though--all those years from ice skating and just being a klutz, because I am. The doctor won't admit to it, but I fell while chasing my son when I weighed a lot a few years back and my leg hurt for a long time. Then a few years later some bozo at the office left boxes of copier paper in the doorway to the copy room so when I come walking through there carrying a computer to the point where I can't see and I go flying through the air the first thing that hits is my sore knee, of course, then my chin smacked the corner of the computer. I didn't even notice I had a gash under my chin until I felt something warm and sticky on my neck. A few years later I couldn't take stairs on that knee. Now that I've lost weight it's better, but it's always *that* knee that give me problems and it is weight related even if it is damaged. I could really use the excuse that I can't walk but then I'd have no money at all. ha ha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angeline
Is this for real? That is once of the most appalling sounding "dish" I have ever heard of. And that is served at weddings? Incredible. And what's a brats?

I read and seen a couple of stories about very heavy people and there is always a weight where their legs will no longer support them. Guess that must vary. And there comes a point where they can't get out of bed, or even roll over. I simply can not understand how anyone can get there. My only explanation is that somehow food must have become a drug to these people, and to stop eating is like asking a drug addict to stop heroine.