#48   ^
Old Thu, Apr-20-06, 05:44

Plan: Low carb
Stats: 198/179/160 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 50%

Quote:
Originally Posted by LessMom
Thanks to Tazzione and Santabarb for feedback!

To Elizlea -- Considering my own weight gain since starting SP...I can totally relate to the frustration! You haven't mentioned your weight, and neither have I, but I'm guessing if you didn't have too much to lose in the first place, your body is just adjusting to the change in diet.

Meanwhile, after a recent visit to my doctor, when I was listing what I was eating (having not quite gotten to filling in the food diary he'd given me), I went away thinking, hmmm, I'm actually eating more carbs than I "should," if I go by what worked for me on Atkins (when Atkins still worked for me). That would be around 30 carbs a day, but here I am sometimes eating that much in a meal!

So, I'm figuring I need to lower my carbs overall, even while staying with SP. .... If anything, it seems to help when I do one all protein/high fat meal per day or every other day. (This is extracted from Atkings "extreme metabolic resistance" short-term plan, which I've posted about on one thread or another here.)

I think your and my experiences show that we need to make adjustments as we go along until we find what works. For me, for now, I'm going to try lowering the overall carbs to no more than 40-45 per day, and to keep trying to increase my exercise.

Thank you all for being there, and I'm happy that a number of us are actually checking in so often!

LessMom, I think you answered your own questions. My experience matches yours. I am certain that wheat messes up my system now--and grains in general are out for now. The peace I feel and freedom from cravings is remarkable as I joyfully partake of eggs and meat and throw in vegetables like broccoli, avocadoes (a fruit) and salads as needed or desired.