#14   ^
Old Fri, Aug-04-17, 05:37

Plan: very low carb real food
Stats: 245/125/135 Female 62
BF:
Progress: 109%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meme#1
This article about her in Readers Digest had a quote from a dietitian that I just had to post...
She's answering a question about Paula drinking Sweet Tea.

"A: Sugar doesn’t “give” you diabetes, but there’s one caveat: A study presented at the American Heart Association Scientific Sessions last year found that women who drank two or more sugary drinks a day, even if they were a normal weight, were more likely to develop abnormal levels of fasting glucose—a sign of diabetes. “Liquid sugar may work differently from other sugar,” explains Campbell. “It seems to start a cycle that increases dangerous visceral fat, which can lead to metabolic syndrome, a precursor to type 2 diabetes.” Be mindful of how many sugary beverages you sip, especially if you have other diabetes risk factors, advises Campbell."

http://www.rd.com/health/diet-weigh...lost-30-pounds/

My next door neighbor, the one I am trying to help eat low carb, who weighs over 400 pounds, told me yesterday that the dietician at the hospital warned her against paleo because you have to eat lots of bugs to be truly paleo. At least she realized that this was ridiculous.

Jean