View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Sat, Oct-21-17, 19:25

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 230/165/160 Male 67
BF:
Progress: 93%
Default Maintainence?

I reached my goal weight back in August, and have since been experimenting with how to move forward. I have mentioned before that I lost most of the weight with an informal low carb way of eating, but as I got closer to my goal, I found myself needing to follow a strict Atkins 72 plan to break my stall. I have tried several times to add back carbs, per the Atkins plan, but each time find myself developing cravings and over eating. While not a huge problem, it did cause me to gain a few lbs, and go back to induction to get back to my goal weight. To better understand what was going on, I have been measuring my blood glucose, using keto urine sticks, and occasionally checking blood ketones. What I have found is that even staying around 20 grams of carbs, certain foods kick me out of ketosis. Even foods that are supposedly keto friendly, like peanut butter kick me out. It takes me about 4 days, 2 days 0 carb and 2 days less than 10 grams of carbs, to get back in ketosis. It is clear to me that I was not in ketosis for most of my weight loss, so it seems obvious to say why worry about it, but I have found that what worked at 200 lbs, does not work at 155 lbs. I guess this post is just me trying to organize my thoughts, but what it seems to come down to is that I need to remain on a very limited diet to stay in ketosis, or figure out another way to avoid the over eating and weight gain if I abandon ketosis.
Sponsored Links