View Single Post
  #84   ^
Old Tue, Apr-30-02, 06:46

Plan: Sugar Busters
Stats: 205/180/175
BF:
Progress: 83%
Default Thanks Wanda

Thats what I thought. I guess it's good that there are so many plans out there, so people can find one that "fits".

I really hate the "going on a diet" thing. I've seen too many people fall into that trap and end up worse off than when they started, because they invariably "go off the diet".

That's one of the main reasons SugarBuster's was a "fit" for me, because it's a reasonable plan that I won't feel compelled to cheat on and I can make it my life's diet.

I like learning about the other plans, and can perhaps incorporate some of the things in them into my life diet. At present though, I can't rationalize the unmoderated consumption of things like heavy cream and fatty meats. Although I believe the FDA's Food Pyramid is upside down, as all of the low carb diets imply, I still think there has to be some small wisdom in moderated fat intake. (especially saturated)

I'm down 15 lbs. since the last 2 months, and I intend to stick with it for good this time. I hated myself after the holidays last year.

195250 If you are reading this. I think the Atkins bars and other LC bars can be a great meal replacement. I'd try to only do breakfast or lunch and not both though. I take one for lunch quite often because they help me avoid the snack machines and eating out with my office mates. (I think Subway is just about the only place I can go without breaking a bunch of rules!) They give you a vitamin boost and some good quality protien and lessen the negative impacts of skipping meals.

Word of warning though! Read the labels on the LC bars! It's easy to confuse them with the "Energy Bars" and those are usually huge carbo loads!!!

Chris