WONJ#3

Plan: 12 steps
Stats: 238/210/145 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 30%

Quote:
Originally Posted by belueiris
Jen,
As a sober alki let me suggest that you get to as many 12 step meetings as you can find, get a real live sponser who can walk you through the steps, and pray (to who/what) you believe in, like your life depends on it, cause if you drink like I did, It does.
Surrender to win.
Tammie

Jen,

I can't agree with this more! It's extremely difficult to get sober alone. Reading peoples posts is not sponsorship. I have an AA sponsor who I see at mtgs 3-4 times a week and I call her everyday!! Now, I'm also in 12 step food program and I call and commit my food to my sponsor every day as well. (Yes, I am that sick)

There are steps we work in the program to keep us from going stark raving sober from untreated alcoholism, because yes, even if you stop drinking, the disease centers in your mind.

I come from a group that believes in regular mtgs on regular mtg nights. So that people in your area can get to know you and I suggest getting a sponsor from one of those meetings. It's known as a homegroup.

I know you asked Paleo for her experience, strength and hope but I wanted to respond to you as well since I have a lil bit of time in the program myself and had 4 years before and I relapsed.

I don't think anyone really knows that they "made it" all we have is a daily reprive contingent upon our spiritual condition. I have seen people with 20 years sober drink again because for whatever reason they thought they made it.