Old Mon, Feb-18-02, 21:09

Plan: Mostly Atkins these days
Stats: 260/225.9/175
BF:
Progress: 40%
Default My 2 cents worth

What a great thread!

I can relate to just about all of this.

I haven't worn sleeveless anything in years. . .

Going to the doctor's is a traumatic experience -- I usually end up in tears.

Everytime we've gone on vacation to WDW I've wanted to try horseback riding -- but was always afraid that they wouldn't let me ride because of the 250 pound weight limit -- and the thought of getting weighed to see if I exceeded the limit is just too horrible to contemplate! The idea of over-burdening a freaking horse is mind boggling!

Eating out -- no matter what you order, you can feel the disapproval coming off the wait staff in waves.

Riding "E.T.'s Adventure" at Universal Studios in Orlando. I love that ride! And last time I went, I was in agony the whole time because the "bicycle seat" was digging into my butt so bad!

Missing out on a promotion at work. The person who got the job isn't even a college graduate, but is of "normal" weight. (He's also a man -- hard to determine if weight was the only factor being held against me!)

Hearing people say mean things about you. I what to scream, "Hey, I'm fat! I'm not DEAF!!"

Never finding something "slinky" to wear when I'm feeling romantic! (Flannel granny gowns just don't cut it!)

Having to listen to the women I work with complain about how "fat" they are. I should be so fat!

Not having the nerve to say one of my favorite quotes, "I'm fat and you're stupid. . .but I can lose weight!"

Thanks for the opportunity to vent!

P.S. All my love goes to my DH who has loved me for almost twenty-five years and still tells me everyday that he loves me and he thinks I'm beautiful!